Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Recipe for Conversion

Hello People!

I have never had any part of my body waxed. But I just got done with
haircuts and apparently my left eyebrow wanted to talk to my right
one, so they started building a bridge of hair over the top of my
nose. So the lady cutting my hair was like "that's not good" so then I
see her coming at me with this Q-Tip which is has this burning wax (I
find out) as she rubs it on my face. Then "RRRIPP!" Off it comes. That
hurt. I don't know how people do that to their legs. Anyways, I felt
weird.

So when I first got here in Moroni, I met this lady named Bobbie at
the Drug Store. She's pretty cool and she has an amazing memory. I
told her my birthday once and she remembers it to this day. Anyways,
we asked her if we could come and meet her family. She said that her
family wasn't a huge fan of the whole "Mormon Thing" but apparently
she likes missionaries and she's met a lot of them so she invited us
to come over. Then we lost her address.... So last week, Elder Carmon
and I were knocking doors and whose house do we come to? Lo and
behold, it's Bobbie's house! So we start talking and she gives us this
recipe and tells us to come back. When we come back again she gives us
these cheesecake cups which I liked, which is amazing if you know me
cause I don't like Cheesecakr, and then she told us that we had to
make some. So obviously we did and brought her some he next day. She
said she was kidding but then she gave us another recipe. Right before
we left, we asked her if missionaries had ever talked to her before.
She said, "not like this. They'd said hi but never talked."
"Well, do you know what we do?" I asked.
"You teach out of your books." She said.
"That's true. Books like the Book of Mormon. Would you read one if we
gave you one?"
"Well, yeah sure!"
Okay, that was the easier invitation ever extended and accepted in the
history of like forever.
She and her son were both very open to it. It's awesome to see how
everyday the Lord will put people into our paths so we can bless their
lives. The Lords timing is amazing.

I hope that all is going well in your guys' lives. Just remember this:
if you're ever down, walk into the bathroom and look yourself  in the
mirror. Then say: "Boy, you're looking beautiful! Don't cha evah die!"
Then snap your fingers at yourself as the good looking person you are
and then walk out of the bathroom. It's a confidence booster and it
works, trust me. I do it almost daily and it's awesome.

Love you all,

--Elder Pearson

1. We found a pet bird
2. My main village man, Tucker, got his mission call, to Zimbabwe!
3. "Elder... I think I'm stuck." He was.




No comments:

Post a Comment