Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Food, Food, Food, Baptism!

Hello, all you wonderful people!

Oh boy, el día de gracias (thanksgiving) or, el día de gordura (the day of fatness). So. Much. Food. But I love it! The members are awesome and don't worry, I am not getting fat. I've just eaten more food this past week then I ever have in my life. Our first dinner was at noon. Yep. That was pretty great and they had this fun pie in the face game that I played and got some whipped cream in my face. After that we were invited over for dessert at six. We were actually invited for dinner at five but we decided to just go to dessert. But that time before second dessert, we met this kid playing soccer in a trailer park. He was so good! I was playing defense on this kid and he popped the ball up and nutmegged me! He was crazy good. I got his signature for when he's famous one day and it was like a legit signature. We're teaching his family this Tuesday

Then we had dessert and it was sweet and dinner with this Mexican recent convert family. Now, I was dreading this meal cause I thought it was going to be like last weeks Spanish food adventure. Like spicy turkey tamales or something. But no. It was the best dinner I'd had all day. They first had this super good soup, posole verde, so amazing. And then the turkey, holy frijoles, amazing. So soft and tender and wonderful. 

But still, at the end of the day, no matter how good the food was, I still felt like I was going to explode. 

Then on Saturday we had a baptism for one of our investigators, April. She has been investigating for about five years but hasn't ever felt that she was ready. About six weeks ago, she called us randomly and said that she was ready. I was pumped cause I'd been out like four days. But we've met with her and helped her prepare for this date. She is so awesome and was so ready. Her husband baptized her and it was a beautiful event. He then confirmed her the next day. 

The Gospel is so true. The teachings of Jesus Christ will change our lives. As we just have faith in Him, he will take away our guilt, our pains, our sins. He will help us overcome our trials. He wants to help us. All we need to do is simply ask. Because God is the same "yesterday, today, and forever". People think that God is not loving. I can boldly say that that is a lie. God is our loving Heavenly Father. We are literally His children. And He loves us so much that He wanted us to have experience. So He created an earth for us so we could learn, grow, love, and become like Him. But we couldn't ever return to live Him because we're not perfect. So there was a problem. So he sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to come and redeem us from our sins. To make it so that we can be clean. To make it so that we can be perfect. The love of Jesus Christ is unexplainable. 

You all are awesome and I hope that you have a great rest of the week!

--Elder Pearson

1. Family we had dinner with
2. Aprils Baptism (I am not fat, it's just the suit and the angle. But
yes, I know I look like the Pillsbury dough boy)
3. A portrait of me and Elder Pardo, sharing the Gospel
4. Tallest Christmas tree ever (15 feet)





No comments:

Post a Comment