Monday, December 21, 2015

Freezing Cold, Nativity, School Busses

Hello Everyone!

So once upon a time, I cut a hole in a frozen lake, and then I voluntary jumped in. I thought it was fun. I still think it is, but now I've come to my senses. Winter is cold. I don't know what it is about Utah winter but man! It is cold. Even with like four layers on. Somehow it bites the nose and froze the toes. 

But still, I'm making it. At least I'm not in like Russia, so I can't complain. 

This week we had a wonderful experience to help out with a Nativity pageant in Fountain Green. It was really cool. First the people would take a hay ride up to this ranch where they'd go into these tents and then see a Christmas video that we, Missionaries, got to show. After that, they walked up a little hill and there a whole Nativity scene was shown. It was really cool and a very spiritual experience. About 2,000 people came over the course of two days. It was a blessing to be able help out it. 

Elder Pardo and I saw the video about a million times but it still carried an amazing spirit. It showed all of the parts of the Nativity - Mary and Joseph being led to the Nativity, the Shepherds and the Wise Men making their journey, it was all a beautiful thing to watch. And you know, that's why we celebrate Christmas. It is the celebration of Christ's birth. It's the celebration of the birth of our Savior - He who came to save us, to redeem us, who made it possible for us to be able to return and live with God again. This is what Christmas is about. This is what life is all about. 

We had an awesome lesson the other day with this Peruvian sheep herder named Orlando and his friend Miguel. Miguel is a member and has helped Orlando come to church and the lesson was so good. Orlando is so ready. We invited him to be baptized and he said he would, he just needed to talk with his wife. But the coolest thing about this lesson is that we had it in a decked out school bus. Orlando and Miguel are shepherds and live in trailers and they're kitchen is on a wicked awesome souped up school bus. 

Now like Paul McCartney would say, I would like you all to "simply have a wonderful Christmas time". Remember Christ at this Christmas time and what He did for us. 

I love you all and have a great Christmas time!

--Elder Pearson

1. Molé. Super hot chocolate sauce and chicken. Our Hispanic friends told me: "Don't cry, juero."
2. The decked out bus
3. Spanish Branch party - so many piñata a
4. The Nativity Pageant





No comments:

Post a Comment